Our Boca Raton Acupuncture helps bring the body back into its natural state of healing. When there are imbalances within the body, symptoms arise, showing us the specific area that needs to be addressed. Acupuncture stimulates specific neurovascular nodes also known as acupuncture points. Thin hair – like, sterile needles are inserted into the body. Acupuncture helps to increase the blood and oxygen throughout the body helping to build and nourish all the vital organs. By increasing the circulation, the body can process and eliminate harmful agents.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a complete medical system that has diagnosed, healed and prevented disease for nearly 2,000 years. It is founded on the principle that health depends on the balance of the body’s vital energy, or “Qi” (pronounced Chee). Disease occurs when there is an imbalance in the flow of qi. Imbalances can arise from emotional stress, improper diet, injury or disease.
- Energy flows through the body along pathways called meridians. Hundreds of acupuncture points are located along these pathways. Acupuncture restores balance in the body and frees up stagnant areas along the body’s meridians so that energy can properly flow. This proper flow of energy is what allows us to maintain optimal health.
- Acupuncture can remedy ailments, but more importantly it can correct physical and emotional imbalances that cause symptoms to occur. The root cause of disease is addressed leading over time to the restoration of health, enhanced immunity, and emotional balance.
- Acupuncture has little to no side effects and is a great alternative to conventional medicine. According to the Center of Disease Control acupuncture can treat a wide array of disorders, on our conditions treated page you can explore into further detail . Anybody can receive this medicine, in our practice we see patients of all ages. Acupuncture treatment is a cumulative therapy. Each session builds upon the next, redirecting energy patterns to help the body gain relief.
- Moxibustion – Moxibustion is a form of herbal, heat therapy that is administered with a moxa stick. The moxa stick is made from a herb call mugwort. The purpose of this procedure it to stimulate the blood and energy to build and support the whole body’s healing process.
- Cupping Therapy – Cupping is used to treat many ailments, including sore and painful muscles, tension, a stagnation within the meridians, and well as treating trigger points. Cupping originally was created from bamboo, glass, and animal horns, nowadays we use glass cup or plastic suction cups to produce the same effect. Cupping creates a vacuum seal with the skin generating the feeling of a reverse massage. The cups are usually left on for about 5- 8 mins. After the cups are removed they can sometimes produce a discoloration on the skin. These marks are called petechiae and resembles a circular bruise.The marks that are initial seen can be deeper in color in the beginning indicating more stagnation as with more treatments the discoloration will lessen. The difference with a bruise and petechiae, a bruise can be sore and painful, however the marks left behind from the cups are not painful.
- Electrical Stimulation-Electro-Acupuncture: Acupuncture needles are used to conduct small electrical currents. This technique, often used in conjunction with acupuncture, has been proven to decrease pain, accelerate healing, and significantly reduce inflammation, edema and swelling.
- GuaSha- Also known as “spooning” or “coining” to English speakers and “tribo-effleurage” to the French and Korean to the Japanese, GuaSha literally means “scrape away heat”. It is performed by applying pressurized strokes to the back using a specialized scraping instrument. GuaSha is used for many ailments from muscle aches to fevers to digestive and gynecological issues.
Benefits of Acupuncture:
- Brings the body back into balance
- increases the body’s ability to heal
- reduces stress
- balances hormones and increases fertility
- lowers inflammation and reduces pain